Monday, January 8, 2018

Makadii Week 101!

Well, I can't believe that this moment has actually come already. My final email to you all. 

This past week went really well and we had a baptism at the end of the week for our investigator Fidel. He is such an awesome guy, so prepared for the gospel. We have another baptism and marriage planned for my final weekend on Saturday for Sister Ganduka and we are stoked for that. I am so excited to finish my mission on a good note! :) The mission ended with 2,033 records made for 2017! So sweet! 

My 14th and final MLC meeting last week was a success! We have a zone conference in Gweru on Wednesday, exchanges on Thursday, preparations for the baptism and marriage on Friday, and the marriage and baptism on Saturday. My last week on mission is one of the busiest, and I am pretty grateful for it. It keeps my mind away from all of the excitement and nervous feelings about going home. I am excited to work hard for this final week. I have set a goal to find two new prepared families to teach in our area this week so that I can help Elder Whiting with more investigators after I go. Time really is winding down, and it is pretty crazy that this week is my last!

A cool plus from this week was that Elder Edward Dube of the Seventy made a surprise visit to our ward's sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was cool to spend some time with him, to introduce our recent converts and investigators to him and to hear his testimony. He was there with his wife and son. It was cool to have him around. It's not very often that a General Authority will just show up to your ward! haha :) I have been honored to meet 4 General Authorities on my mission.

I don't have much time to say all that I want to say, but I will have plenty of time to fill you in and tell stories when I am home in just a few short days! I would like to thank all of you for staying tuned in to my mission these past 24 months, and for all of the prayers and support that you have given me during my time in Africa. I love you all.

I am nervous and excited for what the future holds for me, but I have learned that as long as I put the Lord first, I will never go wrong. I am excited to show my family around the country that I have served in next week, and I am so excited to be with them again. I love them more than anything in this world.

I will forever treasure the short time I have spent here in Zimbabwe, and I will carry all of the memories and experiences with me for eternity. The church is true. The gospel is real. Jesus is the Christ. God truly is Our Heavenly Father. I am truly grateful for the relationship that I have with Them.

Tinowonana manje-manje shamwari dzangu! Hauite-Hauite! :) See you soon! 

Elder Kevin Jesse Baldwin
Zimbabwe Harare Mission
Over and out! :)




1 comment:

  1. Precious brother in Christ,GOD is for real and HE knows you and HE sees you and HE loves you. Now,if,you too love HIM and Truth,it is important you come to know a well known documented and verified truth(although,cheaters try to deny it by telling silly lies);that is the book of Mormon is totally worthless(Never a Tribe of Israel went to the Americas to give birth to the Natives-the DNA test denies it-and far less the Lord JESUS. Truly,the so called original manuscript with the "pearl of great price" were mere lists of obituaries written in the old language of Egypt,which Smith had purchased in a library and not discovered in a wood,and the :apostles" in Salt Lake know it well;by the way,'cause Hyrum and Joseph were Freemason,many rituals followed in the temples come from masonry). We have,already,a perfect testament,which you can find it in the GOSPEL(Galatians 1,6-9,Jude 3-4). May the Grace and the Love of our Heavenly Father find a warm welcome in your soul,so that his Holy Spirit can protect you from deception,sin and hell(Luke 12,1-12);until the day-if,you turn earnestly and with humility to our Lord JESUS to get his personal revelation with his forgiveness and holy freedom;and,so,to taste his fellowship with his peace and mercy-you too 'll enter the joy of Paradise. In God's love and Truth

    ReplyDelete