Monday, March 28, 2016

Makadii Week 8

Yo! Happy Easter to all!
My first transfer is officially over! I get to do this 16 more times. I can do that, right? :) I sure hope so. I think with all of your help I should be able to.
This last week of the transfer was pretty uneventful. We didn't end up having very many lessons, and not much happened at all. This transfer was very quiet, and there were basically no changes in my zone. I will officially be staying in Marimba and Mufakose for at least 6 more weeks. Hopefully things continue to go well! Elder Milikafu will be leaving in 4 weeks. I'm not sure what the procedure will be when that happens, as far as where I will be going and who I will be with. I will just have to wait and see. I'm super worried and nervous for what might happen. I just don't really feel like I'm ready to lead an area, or be a senior companion. If that's what is asked of me, I will do my best, and trust that the Lord will help me with the rest. I still just have so much more to learn, and I haven't really gotten the chance to lead lessons, or take control in certain situations yet. I'm just trying to observe and learn as much as I can. I know the Lord will help me. I'm trying not to be scared. Mili is slowly getting me more involved in his District Leader responsibilities. This week, I even gathered and reported all the the key indicators for the district! Maybe I will be a DL soon!? Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. :/
I've taught the Restoration many, many times now. But, it always seems to be just as powerful each time. The spirit really loves it when we teach that lesson. No wonder it is the foundation for everything we teach as missionaries.

As far as investigators, we have about another 8 who are progressing toward a baptismal date on April 23. 2 of them are sisters who will have to be married beforehand. Shylet Meki, and Sister Rondinyu are their names, and we have been teaching them for a while now. Marriages are a big road block for baptisms here. It is a lengthy process to fully complete, including 3 weeks of announced bans in church, and it requires a lot of patience for both the missionaries and the investigators. Lobola, bride price, is also a problem that comes up. Many people just start families without being legally married, which is something we have to make sure happens, so they can be baptized. Shylet has a marriage date set, and the husband is being very supportive. Sister Rondinyu however, doesn't have a date set. The husband keeps avoiding the topic, and won't settle on a date. We might have to postpone her baptism if things don't change. Other than that, our investigators are doing pretty well. The toughest thing that I've come across so far in getting them to come to church, and really commit to what we teach. For some it just happens and things go well, but for others it is really tough. In most lessons, people are really engaged. My companion does a great job of doing that. I hope I can learn to do that as well.
I'm still learning the layout of things here. I even found a road atlas, and have been studying the streets. It's just so unorganized! AH!
I'm pretty solid with the stick shift now, but am still very bad at hill starts. Our car is starting to die, so that makes it even tougher. It will be getting fixed soon! (Hopefully...)

One thing that you will probably find very funny:
There are tons of pigeons that stay around our house. Almost every morning, I wake up to the sound of stupid birds making noise. On top of that, almost every day when we get back to the house, there is one bird that has managed to get in the house through the ceiling. It is a real pain to get them to leave, and clean up after, especially when it poops everywhere! I'm just trying to laugh it off, when deep down it really irks me! haha :) I'm sure it is something that I will look back on later and laugh about.
Soccer was pretty uneventful this week too. I didn't even get to play! Africans just take their football way to seriously sometimes. :)
General Conference will be coming to Zimbabwe a week later than it happens in the U.S. We will be watching it at our chapel, which is also the Stake Center for the Marimba Park Stake. I'm very excited to hear the council of our beloved Prophet and the Apostles. I really hope that there are some things that are talked about that will help me out here. I'm sure there will be.
The Shona word for the week is Hove. It means fish. There is actually an Elder Hove in our district, which is pretty funny. Everyone calls him Fish! :)
I love you all more than you know. I hope things continue to go well for all of you back home. Stay sweet, and trust in the Lord. One thing I've really come to learn is that our church leaders are truly called of God. Trust them, and heed their counsel. Always make time to study the scriptures, and read church magazines. I struggled with that a lot back home, but I know it can really help you. Never forget to pray either!
I love you! Go Pokes, Go Celtics! Stay strong, and stay safe. Until next week....
Shab-Shab (good-good)






No comments:

Post a Comment