Monday, April 11, 2016

Makadii Week 10

Yo! I've officially hit double digits in weeks. That's pretty sweet!
This week was really great. On Wednesday and Friday I was on exchanges with other Elders in the district. Wednesday I was with Elder Hove in Kambuzuma, which is a small suburb close to Marimba. It was nice to meet some new people and see some new sites. The other exchange was a little more important, because it was my first time ever leading the area, as well as leading the lessons and visits. I was with Elder Chidarara, who is currently serving in Glen View, on Friday in Marimba and Mufakose, and all in all I feel like I did very well. The good news is that I found every house, and had very meaningful contact with all of the people. I was really worried about knowing where to go, but the Lord helped me! The bummer is that we had to walk all day. Mili had the car, so it was the first day I really had to walk a lot. Our area is much bigger than I thought, especially on foot. I'm very thankful for the car we have!

I really focused on inviting everyone to church and getting them excited about conference. And..... everyone I invited to conference came! It was so great to see them come. I hope that they felt the spirit, and I hope they continue to come. We had 23 investigators come, on top of most of the recent converts. We were very blessed this week. The whole stake came to our chapel, which is the Stake center to watch Conference. The Stake President for the Marimba Park Stake actually lives in our area, so that's pretty cool.
The bummer news is that we didn't have a marriage this week. Shylet's husband ended up leaving for a job in Bulawayo for 2 months, so her marriage and baptism will have to be postponed. I hope she doesn't fall through the cracks. We'll have to make sure we continue to help her. We bought her a cake to celebrate, but we ended up eating it in celebration of the temple announcement instead! :) The good news though, is that Sister Rondinyu and her husband have officially decided to be married! We will be getting their details this week and will be starting banns on Sunday if all goes well. We also have two other couples that are to be married and baptized in the next few weeks, which is very very exciting. Conference this week did end up postponing those marriages, so some things have been pushed back a week, but it's all good. This is the Lord's work, so I know he knows what is best for these people. The good news is that we will still be having a good number of baptisms this month and next. Things are great, and I'm very blessed to have been this successful so far.
General Conference was absolutely amazing. I truly regret sleeping through it all the time back home. Our church leaders are truly called of God, and I know the Lord is speaking through them. I felt the spirit so strongly throughout, but especially during 3 talks. President Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday morning session was so great. It made me realize that it is never too late to choose Christ. His talks are always uplifting. My favorite apostle of all time is Elder Holland! His talk to end the conference was probably the best talk I have ever heard. I even downloaded it so I can listen to it all the time. The Lord is so aware of us in our individual circumstances. He will always be there. The last talk that really stood out was from Elder Oaks. Since coming on my mission, I now have a totally different view of opposition and trial. They are essential for us in this life to truly become like our Heavenly Father. We can't run away from them, we have to face them head on. As we do so, and exercise our faith, the Lord will always be there to make up the difference.
Things are getting better and better each day here. I'm already looking forward to the October Conference! I have only 3 General Conferences left in Zimbabwe.
We have Zone Conference tomorrow which is going to be sweet! I love being around the other missionaries and leaders. It really strengthens me, and helps me to tackle my frustrations.
One thing I want you all to know is how extremely blessed you are to be living in the USA. You have no idea how lucky you are to be in a developed place, with all the luxuries that come with it. Things are tough here, and my eyes have been opened very wide. I have really come to realize that we can't take anything we have for granted. Trust me, you have absolutely no reason to complain. When I get back, I won't either. I know I've always been one to find something to complain about, but you have no idea how good you have it. Just know that you are blessed beyond belief. Please do what you can to help those people that don't have what you have.
All I know about the upcoming changes when Elder Milikafu leaves is that I will be getting a new companion. I still don't know if I will be changing areas, are how the actual exchange will occur, but I know it is coming. I have only 2 weeks left with Mili. Man it's been a crazy ride with him, but I wouldn't trade him for any other trainer. I have very blessed to be with him and learn from him. I will do my best to carry the torch after he is gone. What a crazy, outgoing, and hard working guy. I will make sure to stay in contact with him. By the way, he says that when the temple here officially opens, he will be the first one inside! He wants to camp out on the temple grounds the night before! Another cool thing about him is that his grandfather was the first branch president in the area we are serving, when the the branch first started. Now there are two wards in that same area, not just one branch. It's crazy how the Lord's work is moving so fast here in Zim.
One thing I know is that the members and people here REALLY need this temple. I'm very thankful that it is coming.
You guys are the best! I hope all continues to go well back home. Know that I love you and pray for you all the time. Put your trust in the Lord and his example and you can't go wrong. Just like President Monson said, If we choose Christ, we will have made the correct choice.
Stay sweet!







No comments:

Post a Comment