Monday, September 25, 2017

Makadii Week 86!

One transfer ends and another begins!

I recieved the news that I will remain in Kadoma as a ZL with Elder Byrom. He is only my 4th companion out of 11 that I have stayed with for more than one transfer. It should be a successful transfer. We had 11 investigators at church this week, so the future is bright. We also have 7 people on a baptismal date for October, so the transfer will be filled with many lessons and preparations. 

We ended the week and the transfer with a baptism! Gogo Martha was baptized! She is such an awesome lady and I have really enjoyed teaching her and seeing the spirit work with her. She is the grandmother of Sister Ndhlovu, who I was in the MTC with. She came home last transfer and gave us Martha as a refferal. She progressed and was baptized! :) It was unique because of her age that two of us were needed in the font when she was baptized. She has some wrist and limb problems so we made sure she didn't fall. Elder Byrom and I were both in white with her this time. A cool experience! 

We had a pretty normal week with exchanges, lessons, and interviews. We have seen some great progress with those we are teaching and many miracles are coming our way. General Conference is coming up and I am excited to view my last Conference as a full-time missionary! We are viewing the sessions a week later. 

Lot's of work to do and Week 1 of my 15th transfer is underway. I, along with the 4 other elders in my group, am the oldest/most experienced missionary in the mission as of right now. The crazy thing is, no other elder in ZHM is finishing his mission before me. I am the next elder to go home. Pretty crazy that I have made it this far. 16 weeks left, with at least 6 of them being in Kadoma yet again. 

I love you all and wish you the best! Have an awesome week. Go Pokes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment