Monday, February 29, 2016

Makadii Week 4!

Week 4--Hesi, Makadii everyone! (That means hello, how are you in Shona) I first wanted to apologize for not sending emails last week. I was in a really rough place out here in Zimbabwe. I had serious thoughts about going home, and Satan was working on me harder than ever. Last week was the the toughest week of my life by far. I want you all to know that I will definitely be staying on my mission, and that I'm doing almost 100% better this week than last. I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement, support, and most of all your prayers. I have felt every single one of them, and I'm so thankful to have family and friends that care for me so much. I wouldn't be here, or be who I am without all of you. I'm serving in Marimba Park, which is just outside of Harare. My companion is Elder Melvyne Milikafu, and he is such a great guy. He is super short, but has the biggest personality of almost anyone I've ever met. I prayed to have a great trainer, and that prayer was definitely answered. We are actually serving in two wards, Marimba and Mufakose. We have a big teaching pool, and have around 10-12 progressing investigators. We have baptismal dates set for the 19th and 26th of March, and if all goes well, we will have around 15 baptisms this month. I never thought that things would be going so well in my first transfer. I've been truly blessed. I'm starting to get used to the culture here. Things are so drastically different here than back home. Everything is so unorganized, and I don't even know how things get done most of the time, but they do. The streets are all in really rough shape, traffic is crazy, and people pretty much do whatever they want. The streets are crazy busy with traffic and people. I have no idea how there aren't more accidents. The main cities here are fairly well developed, but the outlying towns are all in really rough shape. The houses aren't even houses, at least to what I'm used to back home. Everything has a gate around it, no matter what. The crime here is really low though, the police don't even carry guns. There are corn fields everywhere. All in all, things are just really undeveloped compared to the U.S. Don't take anything you have for granted back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment