Monday, July 18, 2016

Makadii Week 24!

Hey-oh! What's happening!?
Things are going well here in Zimbabwe, and even though there was a lot of talk of more protests happening this week, not much happened from what I have seen. Our area was very quiet, so we didn't have to stay in the house this time. All missionaries are safe and sound, and spreading the gospel!
We found a few 9 and 10 year old kids who need to be baptized and a couple other people who have accepted a baptismal date, so that brings our number of hopeful baptisms to 8! That is double our monthly goal. We are still hoping the Kwenda's get the marriage stuff finished up this week, Sandra is still doing very well, and we received a few other referrals that are doing well also. One is Patience, and one is Maxinne. Hopefully all goes well for them the next 2 weeks. The baptism is set for the 30th of this month, and if nothing comes up, it will be a wonderful last weekend of the transfer for me, and a wonderful end to Elder Smiley's mission. I am optimistic that we can get it done! This week has been a real blessing for us as a companionship. :) Only two weeks left with Sekerere!
This week we had a wonderful Zone Meeting, as well as interviews with President Mkhabela. Once again, I really have no idea what will happen this upcoming transfer. In the interview, he originally said that he wanted to me stay in Marimba and train one of the new Elders coming in, but then he changed his mind and said that I would be leaving. He hasn't made any final decisions about transfers, but that will be happening this coming week and next. In two weeks I will be notified as to what will really happen. At the moment, I feel totally ready to train a new missionary, but I also feel ready to move on to a new area. So, whatever the Lords asks of me, I'll do my best! :)
My district went to a small Lion Game Park where we saw lots of animals. Baboons, lions, springboks, kudu, giraffes, hyenas, zebras, warthogs, wildebeests, an ostrich, and other antelope. It used to have cheetahs, but not anymore. It was sweet! We got to drive the car into a lion cage, so they came right up next to the car, and we were super close to them. Don't worry, we were required to keep our windows rolled up! :) We then got to a part where we could get out and walk around. That was where we saw the rest of the animals. Sadly, no elephants! I'm still waiting anxiously to see those!
A couple cool things I did as a DL this week:
1. I had my first baptismal interview for the guys in Kambuzuma, and it went really well. I finally got to sign and authorize a baptismal record. Her name was Margret. Pretty cool!
2. Since no member of the bishopric could attend, I was the presiding officer at Margret's baptism, so I had to give closing remarks. It was a neat experience. :)
3. I designed and organized a district t-shirt that the other missionaries are super jealous of. M.W.A. Missionaries with attitudes! haha :) I uploaded some pictures of them.

Sorry, but I still haven't eaten anything super crazy yet. I did have some cow lung a while back, but I'm still just getting a steady diet of sadza and rice. I hate to admit it, but I'm getting a little bit of a belly! haha :) I haven't really exercised as much as I should lately. I do get to run regularly, I lift buckets of water for my weight lifting, and I do ab/core stuff as much as I can. Zimbabwe is making me gain weight! We only cook for ourselves in the mornings, but we usually have members and non members feed us pretty often.
I hope things continue to go well back home! I love you all so much and think of you often. Please never forget how much you mean to me. All of you.
Have an awesome week y'all! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment