Monday, December 12, 2016

Salibonani Week 45!

Yebo! How'z it everyone!? :)
This week has been the busiest week on my mission so far! With transfers happening, missionaries traveling all over the country, and a Christmas Devotional, I was very stressed making sure all of the zone members were taken care of. I am sure glad that all of them are settled, and that things will most likely calm down the next few weeks! It is kind of nice to have some other missionaries living with us, I always have someone else to talk to.
Elder Twikala is a sweet guy, and this is indeed his last transfer. He is a super talented artist (he draws and paints) and he has a girl waiting for him when he gets home! haha :) I will enjoy being with him for his last transfer! He was studying architecture when he was home, so I think thats what he wants to do when he goes back. He is also fairly old, around the same age as Milikafu and Njoga. 

Christmas time has arrived, and they celebrate it here too! The only difference is that there is no snow. Even if I am in Africa, I still love the Christmas season, no matter where I may be for it. We had a good Zone Conference/Christmas devotional in Gweru this week, and we got to watch the First Presidency Devotional. President Eyring was so right, this time of year really does brings us peace. We had a gift exchange, and I ended up with a light blue tie, so that's a plus! A lot of Americans put in candy from back home that was sent to them. haha :) My 'son' Elder Makalio is still in Chegutu, and he is training a new missionary, Elder Whittier. I got to see them at the devotional! I now have a grandson on my mission, I am for sure a Sekuru now. :)
As far as teaching, and bringing people to church, I am not finding as much success here in Bulawayo as I did in Harare and Chegutu. Elder Twikala and I are doing our best with the time we have been given. We have a few people that we are working with, and hopefully be baptising in the near future. Zone Leaders, especially here in Bulwayo are always running around helping the other missionaries in the zone. so we don't always get as much time finding and teaching as we want. That's our job though! We gotta do what we gotta do! :)
I am thankful for all of you, and I wish all of you a blessed holiday season. You all have so much to be grateful for. I hope you can all remember the Savior this Christmas time! :)
I love you all!
Go Pokes!






No comments:

Post a Comment