Monday, December 5, 2016

Salibonani Week 44!

Happy Holidays y'all! :)
Things are going well here in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The transfer news came out this past weekend, and I am staying right where I am at. Elder Njoga has been transferred after serving almost 5 months as a ZL here in Blues, he is going to be a ZL in a place called Mutare, on the opposite side of the country. I am thankful for the things I learned from him, and I am excited to continue to lead the zone! Two new areas have opened here with the addition of new missionaries in the mission, and I will now only be working in Gwabalanda, not Luveve. Luveve Branch will be having their own missionaries, and I am excited to see how that branch will improve. My new companion's name is Elder Twikala. All I know is that he is from the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the middle of Africa. He has been a ZL for some time, and this new transfer or next transfer is his last on his mission. He is going home soon, so I will most likely be "killing" another missionary. My third! haha :) I am excited to get to be his last companion and to help him 'die' strong. Things are really looking up in the zone, and I am excited for the changes that are happening.
We do have some new Elders being trained in the Zone, Elder Horton and Elder Johnson. I am glad that I will be here to help them adjust. They have some good trainers, so things will go well for them. The house I have been living in with Elder Njoga will be receiving two new elders, and we will be very cramped. The good news is that we will get to know each other super well! I am excited to be with Elder Gordon again! He is going to be living with me and Elder Twikala, as well as Elder Aden. It will be a fun, and interesting transfer. There were so many changes in the mission this transfer! Almost every ZL companionship was changed and there are lots of people getting moved around. I love seeing the number of missionaries rise each transfer, the mission is on its way!
We got to help an 8 year old boy, Sibusiso, get baptized this week. That was a plus! All of our baptisms from last week were able to be confirmed this week. I am still getting to know Gwabalanda myself, and will be working hard to find some new people to bring to church. I hope we can help them progress!
The Bulawayo Zone, Gweru Zone, and Kwekwe Zone will be meeting up this week Friday for a Christmas devotional in Gweru! I am excited for that! We are having a gift exchange and each Zone is supposed to sing a Christmas hymn, so I will be in charge of that as well! The ZL life is never boring! :) 

I am so grateful and thankful for all of you. Please know that you will be in my heart and mind this holiday season. I love you all wherever you may be! :)
Go Pokes, Go Celtics! Nisale Kahle! Musari zvakanaka mhuri ne shamwari dzangu! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment