Monday, November 28, 2016

Salibonani Week 43!

Hello everyone! Happy Holidays! I hope all of you had a blessed Thanksgiving! :)
I have made it safely to Harare today, it is nice and rainy here and I love it. It makes the weather cool, and makes me feel closer to home! By the way, we take a bus to and from Bulawayo when we come, so I don't drive the whole 6 hours in the car. 

I did end up making an attempt to make some sort of Thanksgiving food. I did my best to make some mashed potatoes, and I had a turkey gravy packet from the USA that I got from another missionary. I cooked that, some green peas, and some mince meat and mixed it all together. At least I had a little taste of home on Thursday this week!
Big news from Zimbabwe, they just released the new bond notes into circulation today! You can look it up and learn more, but right now I'm not quite sure how it will affect the mission. We will have to wait and see. They only have $2 and $5 notes at the moment, and the amount you take is limited to $50 a day, $150 per week. We will see what will happen!
We had a wonderful week as a zone and ended up surpassing our goal for baptisms in November. We ended up with 33! As ZL's we got the chance to go out of our area, and to help out some of the areas with no missionaries at the moment. We taught and baptised 5 people from a place in Bulawayo called Emakhandeni, which is just close to our area, and helped another 2 get baptized in a place called Emganwini, also in Blues. All of those people came to church on their own or with the help of members. Also, one of our true investigators in Luveve, Lethokuhle, finally decided to get baptized this week! We had a total of 8. The Lord truly helped us reach our goal, and all the baptisms went well. The water problems didn't get in the way this time! Br Tshuma was also confirmed on Sunday! It is cool to see the Lord preparing people behind the scenes.
This coming week is the last of the current transfer and we will have transfer news on Saturday. If I am leaving Bulawayo it will be a big surprise! The future is bright and I am doing my best! Crazy that December is already here.
I love you all so so much! Have a wonderful end to the school year, and a wonderful Holiday season! I am thankful for all of you, my family and friends, and for all the blessings my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ have given me!
Go Pokes! Go Celtics!



No comments:

Post a Comment