Monday, November 21, 2016

Salibonani Week 42!

Well, another week has come and gone!
The rains have finally arrived here in Zimbabwe, at least here in Bulawayo! It will take a few months of pretty solid rain to totally fix the water shortage they have going on right now, but at least it is a good sign of things to come! When it rains, a ton of small frogs and toads just come out. They are everywhere!
This week was pretty normal, just running around taking care of things, and doing the Lord's work. We are still struggling to get our investigators to commit and progress, and it is always frustrating when things don't go well. Br. Tshuma ended up getting baptized on Sunday after church, and his wife and daughter came to church for the first time. Br. Tshuma came to church on his own before I came to Bulawayo, and it has been super easy to help him progress. He gave a very powerful testimony after his baptism, and it was really cool to see how the spirit can work on someone when they exercise their faith. He definitely exercised his!

The bummer deal was that the water problems affected his baptism. We had a member fill up the font for us during the week, but when we showed up on Sunday it was very low. We tried to fill it up more, but there was no running water, so we had to make do with what we had. I was asked by Br, Tshuma to perform his baptism, and it ended up being a very unorthodox baptism, one I will always remember. In total, we had to do it about 4 or 5 times until it was done correctly. Because the water was so low, we had to improvise and have him sit down in the font, and I helped him basically lay down in the water until he went under. The important thing is that it was done with proper authority, and done in the correct way, by immersion. I always get a little frustrated when baptisms don't run smoothly, I feel like I messed up or something. I hope that the Lord is happy with my efforts, no matter how we made it work, I did my best!
Things are moving along and we are doing our best! I will be headed to Harare again next Monday for MLC, so I will be emailing from there again. It's crazy that I have already been in Blues for a month, and next week will be the start of the final week of the transfer! I have been told by the office that I have a few packages waiting there for me, so I am excited to open my first Christmas package!
I love all of you wherever you may be! If you are in the States, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, enjoy the football games, and have a blast putting up Christmas decorations! I will be missing the feast for sure, but am planning to make an awesome meal for myself, or at least attempt to! :)
So happy to hear that the cowboy football team is still kicking butt! Go Pokes! Go Celtics! 




No comments:

Post a Comment