Monday, February 13, 2017

Salibonani Week 54!

Zvirisei? Linjani? How is everyone? :)
The past week has been pretty uneventful again, but that's how things are sometimes. We had interviews with President Mkhabela here in Bulawayo during the week, and were busy doing baptismal interviews in the zone this past weekend. We did receive some new investigators in Emakhandeni that came to church, so we will have some more people to teach and potentially have more baptisms coming up! We will see how things progress. We helped out with a baptism in Famona, an area with no missionaries, yesterday. It was nice to help out, even though it is not our true area.
There have been some changes to missionary schedules and missionary work worldwide. Most missions were able to watch the worldwide broadcast a couple of weeks ago, but we won't be watching it here until later this month. We were informed of the slight changes to our schedules, and to reporting our efforts. All in all I think the changes will really help missionaries focus on what is most important, and to allow us more flexibility in our schedules. I'm all for it! Instead of sending tons of indicators to our leaders each week, we only send 5. It makes my work a bit less stressful at the end of each week. :)
I forgot to mention last week that we went and helped the Shanana Family do some work in the fields clearing out weeds ad helping the crops grow. I did learn that I have no idea what I'm doing with gardening or farming, but it was nice to do some real service for the first time on my mission.

Our ward conference is coming up this coming Sunday, and Week 5 of the transfer has already begun! 2 weeks left before the transfer news comes again. Almost 4 1/2 months in Bulawayo. We will be having our Zone Meeting tomorrow, so it will be nice to have the zone together for some training.
I am really enjoying my Book of Mormon study right now, and I encourage all of you to read it as often as possible. I have gone through it once on my mission and am well on my way to my second read through. It really does bring peace to my life and my service as a full-time missionary. I love it so much.
I love all of you as well and wish you the best. Have a fantastic week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment