Monday, October 9, 2017

Makadii Week 88!

Hello everyone! Not too much to report today, but I will do my best to fill you in. 

We ended the week by watching all of the sessions of conference and it went well. I really enjoyed the talks and the conference was very uplifting. It is very weird that I will be home for the next conference in April. After the conference sessions on Sunday we had a baptism for two of our investigators, Sekai and Sibongile. The baptism went well, Elder Byrom and I both performed one baptism each. It was a great end to the week. Another huge blessing this week was that we had 19 investigators attend conference on Sunday. It is by far the highest attendance that I have had on my mission in just one unit. It was a blessed day and the future is bright. Things are moving along quite well here in Kadoma. We have 2 more baptisms coming up this weekend, and then 4 baptisms next weekend. :) 

My 12th MLC in Harare went well on Tuesday and the mission is near 1700 baptisms right now for the year. We have to average around 120 baptisms these last 3 months to hit our goal of 2000. We are going to hit it for sure. Lots of miracles in Zimbabwe this year. This week we have a zone conference and some baptismal interviews. Should be a good week! I am giving my first training at Zone Conference this week, after 12 months as a ZL, this is my first time to give a training at a conference. Should be sweet! :) 

The weather this week was very suprising in Zimbabwe. We had cloudy weather and rainfall. I was very happy that the sun was behind the clouds. I am getting worried to return home in the heart of winter in January. I don't even remember what a Wyoming winter really is. haha :)

One of my favorite talks from conference was Elder Cook. The focus was on humilty and I learned a lot. Humilty really is the key to so many things, and I am realy trying to be humble always. It is something I have struggled with at different times in my life but the Lord is teaching me a lot right now about being humble and accepting his will. 

I love you all and wish you all the best this week. Go Pokes! :) 

On to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment