Monday, November 13, 2017

Salibonani Week 93!

Well, Bulawayo Round 2 is underway! We are now single digits in weeks left with only 9 to go.

This first week has been a learning experience for me. I have been busy learning the area, meeting the members, working with investigators and finding more people to teach the gospel to. It has been new for me to walk, but it's not so bad. Cowdray Park is quite a big area and members live in many different parts. It has been nice to meet many of the people of Cowdray Park, some of them whom I met when I served in Bulawayo before. It is a good ward with some very stong members. It is going through some ups and downs but all in all it is a great place. We had a successful first week with 14 investigators at church, and 12 new investigators that we met. It was quite a miracle to have such success in my first week, especially with the area not having much success in the past. We have some great investigators with a lot of potential in the coming weeks. Probably no baptisms until December but that is ok! :)

Elder Vave (his first name is Asiula), is from Tonga. He is from a big family of 8, and he is the 3rd born in his family. He is quite a tall and big guy compared to my other companions. He began his mission in Tonga waiting for his visa to come to Zimbabwe, and he has now been here for 6 months. He is a really good guy. He has learned all of his English since he began his mission, so he is still new to the language. Is native tongue in Tongan. He is doing well with it and learns to speak better everyday. Sometimes it can be a bit hard to understand what he says, but it's ok :) It has been good getting to know him this past week. I hope we can continue to get along and work well together! He is also a barberman, so he can cut my hair for me. He cuts the other elders hair as well. 

It has been weird for me to be back in Bulawayo again. It is always a different feeling to be down here, a new feeling and a few changes in culture. I have been able to pick up a bit on my Ndebele and am starting to learn a bit more. When I come home I will be able to share my testimony in 3 languages: English, Shona, and Ndebele! haha :) 

It has been weird to not live the life of a zone leader anymore. The only focus is on Cowdray Park and enjoying the life of a missionary while I still can. The zone met up and played some basketball this morning. There are 26 elders here in Blues now. Much is happening. The rain season is beginning to start a bit early here in Zimbabwe, we have had lots of rain the past few days. 

I love you all and continue to wish you the best! :) On to another week.





No comments:

Post a Comment