Monday, November 27, 2017

Salibonani Week 95!

Hello again! :)

Not much to report this week. Zimbabwe does have a new President now, but not much is different. The days are just as normal as ever for us. 

We continue to do the work in Cowdray Park and it is moving along slowly at the moment. We meet new people almost everyday but just don't experience much success in helping them act on the things that we teach them. We did end up with 5 investigators at church. Things are up and down, but we do have high hopes for next week. If all goes well, we should be able to have a baptism for two people. Their names are a bit tough to read and pronounce but I will type them out for you anyways. One is YSA age, her friend brought her to church. Her name is Bongie. The other is the youngest daughter of a part-member family who has been less active for some time. Her name is Iphithulenkosi. We will be working with them this week to see if they are ready. I hope all goes well! 

The transfer is now already half-way done with only 3 weeks left now. It feels like I just arrived back here to Bulawayo. Time continues to go by whether I can notice it or not. There ended up not being any zone conference this week, it has been postponed until the end of the transfer. I did get to watch the first primary program of my mission during church this week. I have yet to watch one in Zimbabwe until now, but it was good. As the young kids sang the songs and shared their testimonies it just reminded me of how simple the gospel is. So simple, yet so powerful. Powerful enough to change and save lives. I just wish I could be better at helping the people I teach to see just how simple and powerful the gospel is. I do my best to teach them, but many times they just don't fully understand what the restored gospel can do for them.  

Crazy to think that November is coming to an end this week and that the final month of 2017 is about to begin! Thanksgiving this week was just a normal day for us. We had some interviews with the Mission President and then had a big lunch downtown. The holiday season is officially here. The year is coming to an end, which means my mission is coming to an end too. 7 weeks is still enough to time to do some good while I still can. Just trying to remain humble to live and serve among the people of Zimbabwe to help them in anyway that I can.

I failed to take any pictures this past week, so I apologize that I don't have any to show you. I will do my best to take some more pictures this week.

I love you all and wish you a wonderful week! :) Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment