Monday, November 6, 2017

Salibonani Week 92!

Well, hello again! :)

As you can see, I will no longer be saying Makadii, I will be saying Salibonani again. After 8 months away from Bulawayo, I will be heading back to Blues, the City of Kings and Queens. I recieved the news that after 3 transfers in Kadoma, I will be leaving to spend the next 6 weeks (probably 10 weeks) in Cowdray Park, a suburb of Bulawayo. After 12+ months of being a Zone Leader, I am back to just doing the normal missionary things. My companion's name in Elder Vave. He is either from Tonga or Samoa, I'm not sure. I will be with him tonight and will share more about him next week. 

I have so much enjoyed my time as a Zone Leader these last 9 transfers and have learned many things. I will always remember my time as a ZL in Bulawayo, Harare, and Kadoma. Now it is on to new experiences. My time in Kadoma has brought many great memories, and I will miss the people here very much. 19 baptisms in 3 transfers here in Kadoma. Many miracles and lots of work. I have enjoyed my time with Elder Byrom and wish him the best as he remains here in Kadoma. 

It will be weird for me as I go back to Bulawayo. Cowdray Park is very near my former areas in Bulawayo. I served in Gwabalanda, Luveve, and Emakhandeni before, and Cowdray Park just borders those areas. It will be pretty crazy to run into old friends and members, but I am excited to experience Bulawayo one last time. There is a high chance that Cowdray Park will be my final area on my mission, but you never know. I have 10 weeks left now, with my last full transfer just beginning today. I am back to the land of the Ndebele. :) I will be without the use of a vehicle for the first time on my mission! 22 months with a car or truck, 2 months without. I will get to walk a lot, Cowdray Park is a very big area. The weather in Zim is hot everywhere you go, and we are waiting for the rains to start anytime now.

Byrom and I were just busy finding and teaching many new people throughout the week, and we had little success with many people not coming to church. Our converts are all doing well though and many of them bore their testimonies yesterday at church. It made me happy. :)

I am emailing now from Kadoma for the last time and will be getting on the bus to begin Bulawayo Round 2 in a couple of hours. The ride from Kadoma to Blues is around 4+ hours. It will probably be my last ride on the Bravo Bus until I am on my way back to Harare on the 14th of January to be released. Pretty crazy. By Kadoma, hello Bulawayo!

With many new experiences coming these last 10 weeks, all I hope is that I can continue to find success and to do my best. I know that the Lord wants me in Bulawayo again, so I will being finding out why I am gong back in the next few weeks. Many of the new missionaries in the mission are not coming in because of visa issues, there were many that were supposed to come this week but aren't yet. Kind of a bummer. Bulawayo is now the largest zone in the mission with 26 missionaries. 

I love you all and wish you a wonderful week as we get into the holiday season. :)

Yebo, baba! Ngiyaphila! :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment