Monday, October 17, 2016

Makadii Week 37!

The last week of the transfer has arrived, and I am almost halfway done with training Elder Makalio! Time has gone by quickly with him, and we are having fun and working hard!
This coming week, if all goes according to planned, we will have 6 baptisms and a marriage to end the transfer, as well as 4 or 5 more people that we are preparing for the next transfer and into the month of November! The Chingas are getting married and baptized, along with their daughter Tsitsi, and a few younger kids. It will be a great but busy week! As a district, we are planning to have 17 baptisms and confirmations in total this week, so it will be quite a week for us. Please pray that all goes well for our candidates! If all is well this week, I will have 49 baptisms so far on my mission. It's crazy to think that I have helped bring about that much good in my first 9 months. I owe all of my success to my Savior, it is his work not mine!
We are teaching a really old Gogo that has been coming to church for a long time, but she really struggles with the Word of Wisdom, so she has yet to be baptized. We have been doing all we can to help her overcome her addiction, and we are starting to see progress. I hope she can keep it up, quit her habits, and get baptized soon. She loves Elder Makalio and I so much that she calls us her "Bababoys," which is Shona slang for boyfriends. :) We taught her about the Book of Mormon, and we used the Shona version. I read some of the introduction and some verses in Shona for her. she loved it, and was surprised that I could read Shona, most people are when they hear me do it. When I leave Chegutu, I will bear my testimony in Shona! :)
Last week we didn't end up having Zone meeting, but had a District meeting in Kwekwe with the Elders there. Tomorrow we are having a Zone Meeting in Kadoma, and I have been asked to give one of the presentations about the Book of Mormon. It should be great! More soccer and a small braai is happening today, and last week I got to hold a python at the snake park we went to! :) It is becoming very very hot, but I have been told that the rains are coming soon at the end of October, I really hope so! I got a sweet hat to wear to block the sun.
One crazy thing: We are teaching a guy named Fitzgabricks. Never thought I would hear a name like that! haha :) Names here are the craziest!
The car we were using has been taken back to Harare and I am now using the same car I was using  for my first 6 months in Marimba! It is nice to be reunited again after 3 months! haha :)

I am doing great and am excited for the future! I hope all is well wherever you may be. I love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment