Monday, October 24, 2016

Makadii Week 38!

Hey guys! 9 months have passed as a missionary!
First of all I don't have much time to email today because it is a transfer day. I am emailing from Kadoma, but I have to keep it short because of time.
The big news is that I will be leaving Chegutu, and Elder Makalio sooner than expected. I have been called as a Zone Leader in the Nkulumane/Bulawayo Zone, the southern most part of the mission! I am super excited and also very humbled for the opportunity, and I'm stoked to visit a new place. I will now be learning Ndebele, so when I come home,  I will be bearing my testimony in two languages!  Pretty sweet.
I so thoroughly enjoyed my time in Chegutu, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Makalio and I ended up having 6 baptisms on Saturday, including a marriage for the Chinga Family. As a district, we had 16 baptisms in one day! We set the most recent record for the Chegutu Branch. We were so blessed. There are lots of changes this transfer, and a new group of missionaries coming in. Another Elder will finish the training for Elder Makalio in Chegutu, so they will make sure to take care of Chegutu now that I am gone. I only had 3 months there, but I loved it. I bore part of my testimony in Shona at church when I left, and it was a big hit. The branch was deeply touched, and they were very sad to see me go. Like always, I cried when bearing my testimony. I get that from my Dad and Grandpa Baldwin (Baba ne Sekuru). :)
One cool thing before I go, there was a baby born in our area some weeks ago, and at my request they named it after me! His name is Dennis Kevin Chimsalo. I got a picture with him, and as part of the culture I got him a gift before I left. I got him a small baby cap for when the rains come. :)
I love you guys so much! I am glad all is well. Congrats to all the XC athletes in Wyoming! Go Plainsmen and Go Pokes! :)
More info next week, and more pictures! Sorry, I'm in a hurry today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment