Monday, April 3, 2017

Makadii Week 61!

hey there!
Things are busy and crazy as always here in Zimbabwe. I don't have too much time to email today, but I will do my best.
Sandra was confirmed yesterday at church, and we are finding some success in the area. We have around 5 hopeful baptisms this month! I had an exchange this week with my MTC companion, Elder Silotile. He is a District Leader in our zone, and it was nice to be with him for the first time in the field. We also had monthly goals this week for the mission, and our zone sent us a goal of 81 baptisms! For those of you that don't know how many that is in 1 month, just know that it is a lot. haha :) We ended up lowering the goal a bit to 70 baptisms, and it seems like we can reach it, especially with April having 5 Sundays. The zone had 3 baptisms this weekend, so we only have 67 left to go! The previous goal was 65, so we are exercising our faith a little bit more.
This is my last week with Elder Bamutesiza, who goes home to Uganda in a weeks time, and it is the last week of the transfer! Next week I will be knowing what will be happening the next 6 weeks. One thing is for sure, I will be having a new companion. One thing I have learned is that each transfer brings new memories and experiences. It is cool how mission is set up to bring those memories and experiences to you so often. I have enjoyed my time with Bamutesiza and wish him the best. I have learned a lot from him. Crazy that he is the 4th missionary I have sent home. :)
This week will be busy for us yet again. We have an MLC dinner tonight, an MLC meeting tomorrow, a Zone meeting later in the week, another exchange, as well as transfer news. Week 6 here we come!
So far I have been enjoying the new truck, and I am very thankful to have the opportunity to drive. It's working very well so far, it just gets super dirty and muddy in our area over the course of the week. Also, I am sitting next to my son Elder Makalio here at the internet cafe. It's nice to see him so often.
I have heard a bit about General Conference but have yet to watch it. We will be doing that this coming weekend. I am excited for sure!

Time to keep on keepin' on! Love you guys! One thing about the gospel that I love so much: with the Savior, if we do hold on during times of trial, something better is always on the way. I am doing my best to keep that in mind, and I hope you do as well. Tinowonana shamwari! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment