Monday, August 1, 2016

Makadii Week 26!

6 months baby! I am now a sister missionary, haha! :)
There have been many changes this last week, and much has happened since my last email, so I will do my best to say everything.
First of all, we ended up having 4 baptisms this past weekend. It was great! I am glad I could send Smiley out on a good note! We didn't end up getting to baptize some of the people we wanted to, including the Kwenda's, but it was still a success!
Elder Sekerere has finished his mission and gets released tomorrow. I am very grateful for the time I had to serve around him. He will always be a great friend. I love him like a brother, just like Milikafu. He is such a great guy, and I wish him the best!
The big news is that I have finally been transferred from Marimba/Mufakose after a wonderful 6 months there! I am now serving in Chegutu, and I am sending this email from there. Chegutu is a small mining town about 1 hour 30 minutes from Harare. I got to drive a car down here today with one of my new Zone Leaders, Elder Kamwesiga. He is from Uganda. I got to see some more of the country on the drive, which was really sweet. My new companion is Elder Sipho Mahlangu, a South Africa native from just outside Joburg. I have only been around him today, so I am still getting to know him, but he seems like a really great guy. I am excited to be with him. I will be serving as a DL here in Chegutu district, which is just 4 Elders again. There will be a new American Elder being trained here as well, Elder Whiting. I am excited to welcome him to the mission this coming week. Us 4 stay in one house, so I will get to know the other guys really well the next 6 weeks! We are part of the Kwekwe Zone, the smallest zone in the mission with just 10 missionaries. The cool thing is that I will get to know the other 9 guys very well. :) I met a ton of missionaries I have never met before today, which was really cool. It is is crazy to leave Harare and all that I am used to, but I am excited for the new challenge in Chegutu!
Leaving Marimba/Mufakose was very bittersweet with lots of goodbyes. 6 months in one area makes it tough to leave sometimes. I didn't have enough time to say goodbye to everyone, but I am planning to visit again before I finish. Just when I started to appreciate the area, I was transferred. Crazy how that happens. I  learned so much in that area, and I will always remember it. There were a few people that we had been seeing just at the end of my time there that I won't get to teach and baptize, and it really sucks. I did my best to help the new elders coming in, though. I know I played my part in that area of Zimbabwe. Time to move on!
The internet cafe here is very very slow, so my emails won't always be very detailed. I will do my best though. I don't have as much time as I did in Harare. I will be sure to include more info about the area and my companion in next weeks email because I have only been here for a few hours! I will include some pictures as well. It as a very beautiful, but very dusty and dirty place. I am excited to get down and dirty! :)
I love you guys so much! Hauite Hauite! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment