Monday, January 9, 2017

Salibonani Week 49!

Hello everyone! I hope this week was once again filled with joy for all of you! 1 week has already passed in 2017!
It was a pretty frustrating week for me. We went to Harare for MLC and had a good meeting. We set some goals for the year and discussed, but after wards I felt very sick and ended up having a long night of throwing up body aches, fever and such. We ended up staying in Harare an extra day so that I could go to the clinic for some blood tests to see if my sickness was serious (malaria or typhoid) but all the tests were negative. Just a bad stomach and intestine infection. It wasn't how I wanted to start off the first week of the year, but that's how it happened! I am feeling better and am fully recovered. It did take away from our time in the area so we didn't get as much accomplished as we had hoped.
We are still finding lots of struggles in our area helping our investigators to come to church and really be excited about what we are teaching them. It has been hard for the last month to help people come unto Christ and repent. We are doing our best, and we will be working harder this last week of the transfer to find some new people who are prepared to hear the restored gospel! :)
Other than my sickness, not much happened this week. Lots of traveling and stress but things are moving along. I have no complaints. :)
By the way, if you wanted to know the numbers for our mission:
A little over 1700 baptisms/confirmations in 2016, our goal was 2000.
Our goal for 2017 is once again 2000!
As my year mark is coming up in just a couple weeks, here is a rundown of year one on my mission: (8 transfers+MTC)
8 companions, 3 areas, and 66 baptisms. I have had the privilege to serve as a trainer, a district leader, and a zone leader. My 3 areas have been: Marimba Park/Mufakose (Harare), Chegutu, and Gwabalanda/Luveve (Bulawayo). It's been quite a year for sure, with more exciting adventures to come in 2017! The Lord has truly blessed me with success, and I have grown so so much through my service so far.
Week 6 of the transfer has now arrived, and transfer news will be coming out on Saturday. One of the cool things I get to do as a ZL is to call all of the missionaries in the zone to tell them if they are getting transferred, and who their companion will be for the next 6 weeks. It's pretty fun :) As a district, we are planning to go to a National Park this afternoon to see some of the African wild and hopefully see some animals! If all goes well, I will have some good pictures next week.
I love all of you so much! :) For those of you back in the mountain west region of the USA, enjoy that super cold weather and snow for me. I miss it!

Talk to you next week y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment