Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Salibonani Week 52!

The official year mark happened this last Sunday! One year ago I was set apart as a missionary, left my home in Laramie, and traveled to South Africa to begin my mission experience. It is also crazy that Jan. 2017 is already over. 11 more months to go! In honor of hitting my year mark, I burned an old tie that I found!
The rain is been pretty constant the last few days. It was raining so hard last night I could barely sleep! Our mission tour meeting with Elder Stanley G. Ellis of the Seventy yesterday went well. He came to visit just our zone, his wife was there with him as well as President and Sister Mkhabela. We learned a lot about how to keep the Lord more involved in our service, and how to access the help of the spirit in our teaching and finding. It was a good meeting, it was just weird to have it on a Monday, haha :)
We had a great week this past week, Week 52 on my mission! We had lots of baptismal interviews in the Zone, and 16 people were baptized in Bulawayo this past weekend! That puts our January total up to 31 baptisms, 5 of them being fathers. I am happy to say that Br. Gumede, Sharon, and Assan were all baptized and confirmed this week after working with them these last 2 months! I'm so happy for them! :) We are now trying to find some more people and will be relying on the spirit to help us know what to do in the coming weeks. Our trip to Harare for the monthly MLC meeting will be next week.
Also, here in Africa they have some nice trousers called Chinos. They are a big hit in the mission, and the best place to buy them for cheap is in Bulawayo. When we have time we go and get some Chinos for other Elders serving outside of Blues, and take them with us to Harare. Lot's of deals! 

I wanted to share one quote that was shared by Sister Ellis at our meeting yesterday: "Sacrifice isn't a loss, it's a preparation for something better." I know that as we sacrifice some of our time to help our Savior, that we are allowing him to bless our lives and give us something better than we had. :)
I love you all so much! Keep loving and trusting in our Heavenly Father. He can make our lives so much better than we can alone.
Yebo! 






No comments:

Post a Comment