Monday, January 16, 2017

Salibonani Week 50!

Yebo! I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life. :)
Transfers have been announced and are happening at the moment. I will once again be staying here in Gwabalanda, Bulawayo. My new companion is Elder Mhlungu, and native of South Africa. He is finishing his mission this year in August, so he is still around for about 6 months. I was with him in Harare, in the same zone, when I was being trained. He is super short and about 26 years old, but he is a great guy. I am excited to learn some more Zulu and Ndebele from him and to lead the zone together! :) More on him in later emails. I am on to Transfer #9!
Elder Twikala is now on his way home to DRC! I enjoyed my time with him these last 6 weeks. I have now killed 3 Elders on my mission!  He is a talented artist who will find a lot of success back home. I wish him the best! Au revoir mon ami! :)
Last week on P-day we went to Matopos/Matobo National Park as a district and had some fun hiking in the mountains, and getting lost. All is well, we found our way back. We didn't see much wildlife, just some springbok, and buffalo. Saw some cool sights, the grave of Cecil Rhodes and his friends, and had some good views of the park. It was a good time. We also found a separate game park that has rhinos, so we are planning on going back in the coming weeks. :)
My good buddies, Elder Gordon and Elder Bollinger have both been transferred to Harare. I will miss living with Gordon, and having Bollinger in the district. Gordon has been called to be a ZL in our former zone in Harare. He will do an awesome job. At least I still have Elder Aden around! All in all not too many changes in the zone. My other good friend, Elder Scoresby has become an Assistant to President Mkhabela. I am happy and excited for him too!
Lot's of cool things happening in the near future. Elder Ellis of the Seventy is coming to tour the mission at the end of this month, and we will have a worldwide missionary training broadcast in February. Four of our main investigators came to church this week, and all have accepted to be baptized at the end of the month! I hope and pray they come again next week and that we came prepare them to get baptized. After 6 weeks with not much success, the coming transfer brings a new sense of faith. :)
Gotta go, more missionaries to drop off at Bravo, and more to pick up!
I love and am thankful for all of you wherever you may be!








No comments:

Post a Comment